12-lead ECGs in Acute Coronary Syndromes
The aim of this one day workshop is to develop the ability to accurately interpret 12-lead ECGs for effective recognition and treatment of patients experiencing acute coronary syndromes (ACS). This interactive programme introduces simple strategies for the interpretation of 12-lead ECGs, along with identification of STEMI impostors and opportunities to discuss real cases with real ECGs.
The workshop includes:
- Acquisition of good quality ECG traces;
- Interpreting components of a normal 12-lead ECG;
- STEMI identification, localisation and predictive outcomes from 12-lead ECG in acute coronary syndromes;
- STEMI management and complications;
- Recognising STEMI imposters; and
- 12-lead ECG interpretation using a simple 5-step analysis system.
The interactive programme provides students with a systematic approach to assessing the 12-lead ECG enabling them to not only confidently identify a STEMI, but manage potential complications arising from different infarct patterns. Candidates will receive a take-home manual and pocket reference cards.
Also included: welcome coffee; morning tea; buffet lunch; afternoon tea; and free parking. Attendees will receive a certificate documenting content and contact hours for professional portfolio evidence.